Motorolasolutions (NIFB: MSI) has achieved great success in servicing a client base for professional mobile communications. This client base includes a number of segments from critical and related security (police, customs, fire brigades, etc.) to other state (municipality, local governments) and commercial sectors (sales, construction, personal security, serial production, Communal services, hotels, taxis, etc.), each of which has its own distinctive features and requirements.
Motorolasolutions serves these segments by means of professional mobile communication by providing professional mobile radios (PMR), focused on voice data and related opportunities. In some areas, acceptance of radio stations are traditionally used very widely (transport and logistics, sales, taxis, public transport, factories, etc. etc.), while in other areas they are used less often (hotels, tourism, hospitals, education, easy production, sports complexes, etc.).
To represent the best segmentation of the market, the PMR can be divided into 3-4 price segments (supernarial, low, medium, high).
For a long time, Motorola was a world leader in the PMR market and at the same time could distinguish between themselves and competitors.
The market for professional acceptance of radio stations in Russia has shown confident growth in recent years, both in the analog and digital products segment. Nevertheless, the company believes that the market of the main vertical segment of public security, as well as commercial segments, need further analysis. Consequently, this study will be focused on such studies such as public safety and commercial segment.
The market is characterized by the presence of several traditional competitors (Kenwood, ICOM, Teamsimoco, etc.), but competition is intensified by the emergence of new players, especially from Asia (for example, Hytera, Kirisun).
Motorola believes that strong competition has reduced market prices, making it less attractive for sales partners, and this should be checked in the study.
Motorola wants to analyze the PMR market growth potential in Russia in these segments, check in which direction the market is moving in and understand whether the introduction of digital products (compatible with ETSIDMR and TETRA standards) .Motorola has been engaged in TETRA and DMR standards for several years, for several years. Which are sold under the brands Dimetra and Mototrbo.motorola also owns the second brand (Vertex), which attracts consumers in the supername of the market segment.
The main goal of the study is to study and assess the size of the Russian PMR market, its competition conditions, growth fields, marketing channels.
Professional and commercial radio (including small/medium systems)
- Analysis of the total market size (park of installed equipment, annual sales, growth rate) of each product/technical type of PMR according to the government subsection.
- Determine technical preferences, plans for entering digital devices and future possibilities
- To designate key persons in decision -making, process, influence factors and selection criteria for selected spheres - public security and government.
- Designate and evaluate competitors' forces in all areas of the government sphere
- Divide centralized and non -centralized purchases
- Evaluate private requirements (GLONASS, production/assembly in Russia, Russian cipher GOST)
- To analyze the total market size of the installed equipment, annual sales, growth rate) of each product/technical type of PMR for vertical segments and geography.
- Evaluate the size of the market by the size of companies and ways to the market to enable small and medium enterprises.
- Designate and evaluate competitors' forces
- Without a license (LPG)
- Small/medium digital systems
- Accessories (batteries, headsets, dedicated module, carrying covers for PMR
- Analysis of price gradation for each PMR technology for vertical segments
- Analysis of the market share of each competitor and
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of each competitor
- Design partners of the main competitors
- Design the strengths of partners in vertical segments and consumers
- Analysis of borders and interest in the business of radio engineering for sales partners
- Strengths and weaknesses Motorola
- Vertical - channels, growth areas, branding, price policy, etc.
III. Reporting data
- Intermediate report in PowerPoint format
- The final report in PowerPoint format with information on all of the above points
- The final presentation on the site Motorolasolutions was on the network
- Full data for all interviews in Excel format
- Exposure from key interviews in Word format
IV. Field and methodology of research
Motorola is opened by sentences on methodology and countries that need to be investigated for the execution of the above tasks.
Products: Professional and commercial radio equipment (VCL Small/Medium Systems)
- Domestic police
- Internal troops
- Road police
- Groups (performers)
- Civil defense (emergency situations)
- Municipal services
- Regional governments
- Urban transport
- Electricity (including power plants)
- Heavy industry and cement
- Personal safety
- Retail and wholesale trade
- Events/entertainment parks
The size of the sample:
We expect three types of interviews with a sales partner, competitor and large consumers. As our experience shows, different respondents provide different information. Sales and competitors are usually a basic assessment and data for the formation of market assessment, gradations, growth areas, fraction of competitors on the market and the influence of competitors. The information that large consumers give can confirm or refute the information received from the previous interviewed.
We are open for proposals for the number of interviews. As an indicator, the following number seems real to us:
The sample of the PMR
V. Areas of responsibility and commercial proposal
Motorola is opened by any proposals from agencies regarding the best methodology for the goals.
The agency must justify the choice of methodology.
The agency has the following obligations:
- The selection of targeted companies and respondents who will make decisions (preferably gene. Director, founder, telecom/IT directors)
- Creation of decryption (summary of the data obtained)
- Weekly reports on the progress of work in the research process
- Written presentation/report in English
- Unprocessed research results in Excel format
- A visit to a briefing at the beginning of the project and showing the final presentation for Motorolasolutions
- Further support on research from Motorolapos from the end of the study (appropriate period of time)
Motorola carries the following obligations:
- Organization of briefing on PMR, MCD/Tablet, ADC, Ewlan
- Help in creating a guide in an interview
- Providing data on markets and users based on available data
The proposal must contain:
- A detailed methodology
- Information about the adjacent experience of a research agency
- Time frame
- Full cost of business trips
- Project management details
- Profiles of project participants
Motorolasolutions requires bilateral signing of the non -disclosure agreement and the technical specifications on templates used by Motorolasolutions in all contracts. All further actions will be discussed after the initial meeting.
VI. Time frame
The end of the agency’s work (approximately): at the request of the agency
Motorola will accept the decision on the choice of an agency, which most fully meets a number of criteria. The list of criteria includes the following points, but is not limited to them.
- The closest to satisfy the above criteria
- Prove the ability to find contact with the above segments
- Prove the presence of an adjacent B2B experience
- Motorola has a limited budget for this project. As a result, offers with the most competitive price will be carefully considered
- The ability to start research immediately after the selection of the agency and realistic time frame